Hire a Top Crescent Beach area Roofing Service to Fix Your Roof Leak before it becomes a major issue!
When you combine the constant rain with the hot sun and humidity baking your roof it is no wonder that leaks will rear their ugly heads!
What causes Roof Leaks on most Crescent Beach Homes and Businesses?
- Blown off or missing shingles – Strong winds can rip shingles from the roof, and you may have an exposed area where you can’t see.
- Leaking Vent Pipe flashing – Inspect the gaskets around vent pipes for cracks or gaps and check for missing nails. Plastic vents may crack after years of exposure to the weather.
- Chimney or skylight flashing – Flashing sections may slide out of place if nails are missing and caulk may dry and crack over time.
- Inadequate roof pitch -If the roof slope is too shallow, wind can lift shingles and drive rain underneath.
- Poorly sealed Valleys -An area where two planes of roof come together. Since, these areas of the roof are usually sloped, if the valleys are not sealed together properly, rainwater can get inside as it runs down the roof.
- Old Roof – Although most experts agree that a roof should last 20 years, there are a lot of factors that are involved, including climate. The best way to access your roof life is to have a Crescent Beach area roofing expert inspect it.
Common signs that the roof in your Crescent Beach home is leaking
- Water spots on your ceiling – this is a difficult leak to find. It could be a major leak or a small drip that builds up over time. It is important to call a professional Crescent Beach roofer asap to find the leak and repair it.
- Water spots on your exterior walls – In many cases this is a flashing problem. A flashing problem is not a do it yourself job because getting the flashing to meet the roof requires a professional.
- Gutters filled with granules washing out your downspouts – this could be an indication that your shingles are deteriorating and reaching the end of their lifespan. The granules protect the shingles from the suns UV rays and as you know the sun gets pretty hot in the Crescent Beach area of Florida.
- Cracking shingles – When they get brittle they need to be replaced.
- Shingles are cupping – When the corners start to turn up on your shingles and it is time to replace them. This can be exacerbated by a poorly vented attic that gets too hot.
- Missing Shingles – this may be caused by animals on your roof or the sealant strip under the shingles may have been damaged. Animals like squirrels can do a lot of damage to your roof.
A minor Roof Leak can cause your Crescent Beach home major damage!
If you have a roof leak, you must get it repaired asap, even if you don’t think it is a big deal right now or maybe you’re planning on replacing a new roof next year.
In a very short time, even a small roof leak can lead to big and expensive problems, such as mold, rotted framing and sheathing, destroyed insulation and damaged ceilings.
If you suspect you may have a roof leak or think it may be time for a new roof what should you do first?
First and foremost, you need to find a qualified and reputable roofing contractor in the Crescent Beach area. Do not rely on some handyman you find on Craigslist or you may end up with a bigger and more costly problem down the road.
A Professional roofer will be able to inspect your home, locate the leak, and give you the best course of action to get it fixed. In many cases it can be a simple cheap repair and if it is time for a roof replacement will provide a strong extended warranty and stand behind their work.
Sunshine Roof Services LLC based in St Augustine FL has over 25 years experience with residential and commercial roofing installation and repair in the Crescent Beach area.
We can help with fiberglass shingles, flat roofs, metal roofs and even mobile homes. You can expect the highest quality service from us.
What Sunshine Roof Services of St Augustine Offers Crescent Beach Homeowners and Businesses:
- We believe your satisfaction is the most important part of every job we do
- All work is backed by a 5-year workmanship warranty
- We are locally owned and operated by lifelong area residents
- Factory Certified contractors through ATLAS and OWENS CORNING which means we can offer extended warranties to our Butler Beach customers
- State Certified Roofing Contractor Lic # CCC058201
- State Certified Building Contractor Lic # CBC1257591
- Our staff is always here to answer any questions you have about our company and services
Sunshine Roof Services provides complete roofing services to the Crescent Beach area of North Florida!
Contact Sunshine Roof Services LLC today at 904-794-7100 or complete the form on this page for a FREE, no- obligation estimate and roof assessment.